Monster Hunter Rise is an overwhelming success. In just three days, 1.3 million copies were sold in Japan.
The long-awaited new chapter of Monster Hunter has exceeded all expectations, selling in the first three days over 1.3 million copies. The result is very similar to that obtained by Monster Hunter World which, in the first three days, sold 1.33 million copies on PS4. The ranking of the best-selling titles in Japan during the last week compiled by Famitsu, is as follows:
01. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise - 1.302.132 / New
02. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 37.166 / 592.683
03. [NSW] The Quintessential Quintuplets Double Integral: Natsu no Omoide mo Gotoubun - 20.374 / News
04. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! - 20.179 / 2.072.296
05. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 13.207 / 3.751.594
06. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure - 12.632 / 2.479.573
07. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 11.145 / 6.710.861
08. [NSW] Minecraft - 11.096 / 1.872.739
09. [PS4] The Quintessential Quintuplets Double Integral: Natsu no Omoide mo Gotoubun - 10.378 / New
10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 10.270 / 4.218.939
As you can see, Nintendo Switch continues to dominate the Japanese gaming market, monopolizing the sales charts. We are confident that Monster Hunter Rise will help keep Nintendo's software and hardware sales high for a long time to come.