DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "China Games Hardware and Infrastructure" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Understanding the hardware that gamers will use to access and play games, and the internet infrastructure available to gamers and game operators is critical for success in China.
Rankings and revenue are only part of the story. To really understand a market you need to understand gamers and their behavior, the regulations that govern the market, and the available infrastructure and hardware on which gaming depends.
This report delivers a detailed look at the internet infrastructure, hardware, devices, and components that enable gaming in China, how the landscape is changing and what this means for developers, publishers, hardware companies, service providers, investors, and others looking to understand the direction of the industry.
The addressable market, hardware usage, and consumer demand for hardware and infrastructure including ownership, usage, and purchase intent, and purchase decision influences for PC, console, mobile device, GPU / CPU, and accessories; trends, connectivity, and bandwidth available to gamers, the impact of 5G, and more.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- 88% of gamers in China consider gaming when they purchase a new PC.
- 5G smartphones account for more than 60% of smartphones shipped during July 2020, up from 26% in January 2020.
- Internet cafes are on the decline due in part to the impact from COVID-19 which led to the closure of multiple sites in 2020.
- Console gaming revenue is set to reach $ 2.15 billion in 2024. Sony remains the market leader, but the Nintendo Switch is quickly losing ground.
- Gamers in China are tech-savvy and tend to research hardware on their own with input from friends, forums, and influencers for hardware information, rather than relying on advertising or salespeople.
- There are more than 417 million broadband users with a fiber to the home / office (FTTH) connection, up 10x from 2013.
- Microsoft products
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3smw8l
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900