DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "Chinese Gaming Industry - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Chinese gaming market is expected to register at CAGR of 14% during the forecast period, 2019-2024.
China being a mobile-first country constituting the world's largest mobile subscriber base and taking the world's most popular adoption of mobile games and sports in the country, the market is expected to witness growth during the forecast period.
- The laughed mini-games played inside the apps like WeChat which are played without installing another app are witnessing rapid adoption in China. These games, which tend to have strong social elements and are easy to play, and thus have attracted many followers across the country.
- The rise of mobile gaming is expected to grow PC gaming consoles in the coming few years. Moreover, games in the cloud are also witness to a huge demand for the factors like faster internet speeds and the emergence of 5G networks. Few players in the market have already showcased their cloud gaming services in the past few months, such as Google's stage, Tencent's Start, Microsoft's xCloud launched to test the market.
- Chinese gaming market or sponsoring the teams of professional players, the market is expected to grow in the coming years.
- One of the important drivers of the growth of the computer gaming industry in China is the rising popularity of eSports. eSports is a competitive part of the gaming industry, where many players participate in gaming competitions while the game is broadcasted online.
- Moreover, it is expected to increase during the forecast period.
- The Chinese gaming industry suffered from a nine-month free software license in 2018 which significantly decreased the launch of new titles. The government motivation behind the action was to control the content of video games. Government regulations are expected to restrain market growth in the future.
Major Market Trends
Mobile Gaming Occupies the Largest Market Share
- There is a high growth potential for China's mobile gaming market, including high-performance output, primarily from home-based brands like Oppo, Xiaomi, and Vivo.
- One of the major driving factors of the game that is the most important for the development of the game.
- For instance, Chinese giant Tencent Holdings, one of the most popular gaming platform in China. Currently the company has a portfolio of around 147 mobile games. One of their most popular mobile games is Honor of Kings which has over 200 million players in China.
- Owing to simplicity and accessibility, present games, mobile games are being adopted and being played by gamers of every age in the country.
Rise of Cloud Gaming and 5G to Drive the Market
- With the ongoing development of China's cloud computing industry.
- Chinese technological giant Tencent has already begun testing its own cloud gaming platform and has selected group users to sign up and test the platform, this is the company's strategic move to get ahead of its competitors in the next big trend of the gaming industry.
- Cloud gaming platform allows users to stream their favorite games rather than download them on smartphones or gaming consoles or buy physical copies. Instead, the game runs on the cloud.
- By using the cloud platform, High-end AAA-rated games can be played even on lower-end machines. The limitation previously caused by memory requirements, graphic requirements and processing power decreases with cloud solutions and provides the user with exceptional gaming experience.
- Qualcomm Technologies on June 2019 announced a joint demonstration with ZTE of the 5G-powered gaming cloud on a live 5G network. The demonstration uses the cloud gaming solutions from Tencent instant play on 5G smartphones and aims to demonstrate that console-quality mobile gaming experiences are achievable over live 5G networks. With the number of connections in the market is expected to witness further growth.
The Chinese gaming industry is very competitive. The market appears to be moderately concentrated with the major players in the market adopting strategies like product innovation, service innovation, mergers and acquisitions to stay ahead of the competition and increase their reach.
Recent Industry Developments
- April 2019 - Tencent launched in Shanghai and the Southern China province of Guangdong to sign up for the test. The description on the website, written in Mandarin, translates as you can play on any device.
- March 2019 - Intel & Tencent partnered for a new game streaming service called 'Tencent Instant Play'.It works similarly already announced services such as Microsoft's Xcloud and Google's Project Stream.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 CHINA GAMING MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
5 CHINA GAMING MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Influencing Factors
5.3 Growth Inhibitors
6 CHINESE GAMING MARKET TRENDS
6.1 Emergence of AR, Location-based Services and Blockchain
6.2 Cloud Games and 5G
6.3 Investment Scenario in eSports
6.4 Growth of Mini Games (WeChat, QQ platforms etc.)
7 CHINESE GAMING MARKET LANDSCAPE
7.1 China Gaming Market Sizing & Forecast
7.2 Gamers Population in China
7.3 Gamers Population by Age and Gender
7.4 Market Segmentation by Platform
7.4.1 PC Games
7.4.2 Console Games
7.4.3 Mobile Games
7.5 Top 20 Android Games & Apps in China
7.6 Top 20 iOS Games & Apps in China
7.7 Suspension of Gaming Licenses in China
7.8 Foreign Companies Share in Chinese Gaming Industry
7.9 Opportunities in Chinese Gaming Market
8 CHINESE CLOUD GAMING SCENARIO
8.1 Chinese Cloud Gaming Overview
8.2 Chinese Cloud Gaming Ecosystem
8.2.1 Cloud Computing Ecosystem (Cloud Providers, GPU / CPU, Servers)
8.2.2 Cloud Gaming Services Overview
8.2.3 Game Publishers and Developers Overview
8.2.4 Internet Providers Overview
8.2.5 Access Devices Overview
8.3 Role of 5G in boosting Cloud Gaming
9 CHINESE STREAMING ECOSYSTEM
9.1 Top 10 Streaming Platforms, By Platform and User Donations
9.2 Top 10 Streamer Guilds, By Business Value and Active Streamers
9.3 Top 10 Games, By # of Streams and Publisher
9.4 Top 10 Game Streamers, By Game, Platform and Donations
10 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
10.1 Share Market of Online Gaming Companies in China, 2018
10.2 Market Share of Mobile Gaming in China, 2018
10.3 Detailed Profiles of Key Stakeholders in China
10.3.1 Game Publishers
10.3.2 PC Hardware Players
10.3.3 Console Providers
10.3.4 Online Gaming Platforms
10.3.5 Mobile Game Publishers
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1xxa6b
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900