Experience the feature-complete version of Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team-based shooter at home or on the go, with new gyroscopic motion controls
Players get a three-month Nintendo Switch Online membership with their purchase and Golden Loot Box as a log-in bonus for a limited time *
IRVINE, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The watch begins today for Nintendo Switch ™ gamers around the world—Overwatch® Legendary Edition has arrived! Following three years' worth of content and gameplay enhancements, Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team shooter comes to the Nintendo Switch system with a cast of 31 heroes that's continually expanding, and a variety of casual and competitive game sets across 28 distinct locations around the world.
Nintendo Switch players who join the fight for the future will experience all the additions that Overwatch has seen to date. These include the game's 31st hero Sigma, an eccentric astrophysicist with the ability to control gravity; Havana, the local newest in Overwatch, and the site of the latest Escort map; and the Workshop, a powerful and easy-to-use game-building tool with which players have already shared hundreds of thousands of creative and unique game modes that are playable across platforms.
Nintendo Switch players can also use the console's gyroscopic motion controls to experience Overwatch in an all-new way. By tilting their Joy With controllers, players will be able to guide Junkrat's RIP-Tire to achieve maximum mayhem, soar through the skies and rain justice on their enemies as Pharah, land to Graviton Surge with surgical precision as Zarya, and more.
“The Legendary Edition reflects more than three years of ongoing development Overwatch"We can't think of a better way to introduce the game to Nintendo Switch players," said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "Whether they're playing at home or on the go, we're thrilled to welcome our newest heroes to the ever-evolving Overwatch universe. "
Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch is available now as a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the Nintendo eShop for a suggested price of $ 39.99. Both versions as with 15 bonus skins—Including fan-favorites like Police Officer D.Va, Blackwatch Reyes Reaper, and Valkyrie Mercy — as well as a three-month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership *.
Overwatch - Game Features
Overwatch Legendary Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch with all the heroes, maps, modes, and game updates currently available on other platforms, providing Nintendo Switch players with the complete Overwatch experience:
- Play as 31 Unique Heroes - Choose from a different and ever-expanding roster of heroes from around the globe. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana's Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join the fight.
- Battle Across the World With Your Friends - Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations—Wherever you have internet access, thanks to the legendary portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
- Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes - Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skills, Play Vs. AI put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
- Discover New Ways to Play - Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with unique rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate games that can be shared and played on any platform.
- ... And More to Come - Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo will continue with seasonal content, gameplay updates, and more.
To learn more about Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch, visit the official website at playoverwatch.com/nintendo-switch.
* Included Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership will auto-renew at the end of three months. Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership is not eligible for three-month membership offer. Nintendo Switch Online membership and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online. Purchase and log into Overwatch on Nintendo Switch by December 31, 2019 to unlock on Golden Loot Box with at least one guaranteed legendary item.
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Overwatch®, The Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, and the multi-franchise Heroes of the Storm®, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment's track record includes twenty-two #1 games† and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's online gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.
†Sales and / or downloads, based on internal company records and reports from key distributors.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about unreleased Overwatch content, are forward-looking statements that are not involved in a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment's actual future results to differ K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements are based on information available for Blizzard Entertainment and Activation Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond their control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
Senior Public Relations Manager