Free Heroic-Themed Content Across Multiplayer and Blackout with a new Limited Time Mode, "Heavy Metal Heroes"
New Personalization Items, Map Updates and Gear Available for Fans Starting Today
New Zombies Experience, 'Tag Der Toten,'Decade-Long Fan-Favorite Aether Story concludes
Black Ops Pass Owners Gain Access to Two Additional Multiplayer Maps, Including One New Villain “Lair” and a Reimagined Black Ops Classic, “Launch”
SANTA MONICA, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The new content season for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 - Operation Dark Divide - is available now on Playstation®4, with other platforms to follow. Operation Dark Divide delivers a unique experience with the epic world of the Black Ops universe. The new content package contains two Multiplayer maps, a new Blackout mode and a variety of hero-themed personalization items and gear. Additionally, Treyarch will conclude the Aether storyline - one that has been more than ten years in the making and the most epic adventure in Black Ops 'history - with'Tag Der Toten.'
"The team at Treyarch had a blast creating the ultimate battle between good and evil, imagined through alternate universe versions of our Specialist characters and heroes," said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head , Treyarch. "In the heroic experiences of the operation, we can't wait to share the epic final chapter of the Zombies story - the end of an adventure more than ten years in the making."
Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch, continued, “Having introduced Zombies as an easter egg in Call of Duty®: World at War, this final chapter for the Aether storyline marks an emotional moment for us developers. We've poured all the energy and emotion into the tag.
Operation Dark Divide's free, new content includes:
- New Blackout Updates - Blackout features a fresh new comic book aesthetic. Additionally, players can now double jump and catch some serious air in the limited time game mode. Heavy Metal Heroes. With Heavy Metal Heroes new equipment such as flare guns and a brand-new tank for the battlefields to help players in the ultimate Battle Royale fire-fight.
- New Zombies Features - Operation Dark Divide introduced to new Perk and two new Elixirs as players experience the final chapter of the Aether story.
- Elixer Secret Shopper: Players will be able to go shopping and buy any kind of gun they are holding from any wall buy.
- Power Vacuum Elixer: The drop rate for all power ups is boosted significantly for few minutes after activating.
- Blaze Phase Perk: Players can become a fireball that knocks enemies back or burns them to crisp.
- New Black Market Gear - The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new outfits fit for both heroes and villains, personalization items, weapon camos and gestures tailored for Operation Dark Divide. This includes new weapons like the VMP SMG, AN-94 Assault Rifle and the Echohawk Dual Bore Assault Rifle, that players can acquire and learn master. MkII and the Mastercraft variants of the VKM 750, the Predator S6 Stingray Mastercraft, and two super outfits for Nomad ("Lupine") and Crash ("Rigor Mortis").
In addition to the Operation Dark Divide's offerings, owners of the Black Ops Pass access to more new content, available first on PlayStation®NNUMX computer entertainment system:
- New Multiplayer Map, Lair - This medium-sized map is built around a volcano's caldera. Players must weave around the multi-level Map to strategically gain the upper hand before the volcanically powered Death Laser goes off.
- Multiplayer Map, Launch - Reimagined from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Launch is a medium-sized map set in a launch pad at a Soviet Cosmodrome. Players will make sure they don't get caught in the middle of the rocket launch during the fire fight.
- The Zombies Experience, Tag Der Toten -The Victory Crew returns for their final outing of the Aether storyline. The last chapter of a decade-long epic in the making is here for players to immerse themselves into. Elements of the fan-favorite Call of the dead map has been re-imagined and expanded, so players can explore new areas and solve ever more difficult Easter Eggs that tell the real story.
The Black Ops Pass * is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @Call of Duty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The game is rated M for Mature (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language).
* Black Ops Pass (BOP) content is not final, is subject to change, and may not include all downloadable content available for the game. BOP content may be available in all countries, and pricing and release dates may vary by platform. BOP content should be downloaded from the in-game store only; do not purchase separately, or you will be charged again. BOP content may be sold separately.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. The approach that has helped to make the study behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record on its 2010 release and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the studio's most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Notes Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about expected availability, features, functionality, events and content for Operation Dark Divide and the Black Ops Pass, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements are released upon Activation Blizzard, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumed any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond their control and may cause actual results to differ from current expectations.
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
Sr. PR Manager, Call of Duty