Groundbreaking Game Subscription Service Launches on the App Store for $ 4.99 for Month on September 19
CUPERTINO, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) –Apple® today announced that Apple Arcade℠ will be available on the App Store® on Thursday, September 19 with iOS 13, offering an all-new way to enjoy games without limits. With a subscription to Apple Arcade for $ 4.99 per month, users get unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new, exclusive games, all playable across iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Mac® and Apple TV®. Apple Arcade is launching with one-month free trial and users will not find the games on any other mobile platform or subscription service. Apple Arcade games can all be played offline and a single subscription includes access for up to six family members with Family Sharing. The catalog will exceed 100 games in the coming weeks as new titles are introduced, with more games to every month. Apple Arcade will be available on September 30 on iPadOS ™ and tvOS® 13 and in October on macOS® Catalina.
“We are so excited to launch Apple Arcade on the App Store. "He said Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. He was a curated selection of over 100 new and exclusive games from many of the most innovative game developers." "We think customers of all ages are going to be enjoying a single subscription." . "
New and Exclusive Games
From action and adventure games to party and puzzle games, everyone can count on finding something they'll love. Some of the titles debuting on Apple Arcade includes:
- "Ballistic Baseball" from Gameloft, is an action-packed arcade baseball game that captures the intense battle between pitcher and beat in live head-to-head multiplayer matches.
- "ChuChu Rocket! Universe ”explodes as Sega launches the beloved ChuChus into a universe of strange and wonderful planets with over 100 mind-bending puzzles.
- In "Exit the Gungeon" from Devolver, players must escape a collapsing hell dungeon as more perilous obstacles and opponents stand in their way.
- "Overland" from Finji, is a post-apocalyptic road trip adventure where players fight dangerous creatures, rescue stranded travelers and scavenge for supplies to survive.
- “PAC-MAN PARTY ROYALE” from Bandai Namco, is a brand-new arcade experience featuring a four-player Battle Mode where the last PAC-MAN is standing wins.
- In "Projection: First Light" from Blowfish, players follow the adventures of Greta, a girl living in a mythological shadow puppet world as she embarks on a journey of self-enlightenment, helped by legendary heroes from ancient cultures along the way.
- In "Rayman Mini" from Ubisoft, Rayman has been reduced to the size of an ant! Players use insects, mushrooms and plants to run through the world as quickly and easily as possible.
- In "Shantae and the Seven Sirens" from WayForward, players explore vast sunken city and battle the Seven Sirens in the Half-Genie's most thrilling adventure yet.
- "Skate City" from Snowman brings the heart and soul of street skating to life with multi-touch controls as city streets the ultimate skater playground.
- In "Sneaky Sasquatch" from RAC7, players live the life of Sasquatch and do regular, everyday Sasquatch stuff like sneaking around in disguise, raiding coolers and picnic baskets, playing golf and more.
- "Steven Universe: Unleash the Light," is an original Cartoon Network Game, co-written by Rebecca Sugar, where players pick their favorite characters, choose which Gems are in their party, unlock awesome new abilities and equip alternate costumes in the ultimate mobile role-playing game (RPG).
- "Super Impossible Road" from Rogue Games, is a futuristic, high-speed racing game where players master hairpin turns on courses that twist and coil over beautiful galactic backdrops.
- "The Bradwell Conspiracy" from Bossa, is a beautifully stylized conspiracy adventure thriller with a humorous twist.
- In "The Enchanted World" from Noodlecake, players help a young fairy piece together with a magical world back by dark forces.
- "Various Daylife" from Square Enix, is a brand-new RPG from the creators of "Bravely Default" and "Octopath Traveler." In the year 211 of the Imperial Era, players explore a newly-discovered continent while living in the city of Erebia.
Apple Arcade is designed to capture players' imaginations through intuitive and fun gameplay, compelling narrative and original art and music. Apple Arcade subscribers get the full version of any game and additional in-game purchases. Download and play any Apple game right from the App Store's brand-new Arcade tab. All the games are playable offline, so they can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere.1 Apple Arcade is the worlds first game subscription service that enables such a breadth of new titles to be played across mobile, desktop and TV. To give users maximum flexibility when playing, some games will support controllers, including Xbox Wireless Controllers with Bluetooth, PlayStation DualShock 4 and MFi game controllers, in addition to touch controls and Siri Remote®.
With the App Store, Apple ignited to worldwide app phenomenon that has revolutionized the way people work, connect, learn and play. The App Store drives the app economy and has earned $ 120 billion for developers worldwide. Today, the App Store is the world's safest and most vibrant app marketplace, with over half a billion people visiting each week. Privacy, security, quality and curation are fundamental to the App Store. Every app must meet and maintain Apple's strict guidelines to launch and remain on the App Store. For enhanced discoverability, experts create rich editorial content and curated collections of the best apps every day. The App Store is the best place to explore the world of apps, and is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch®, iPod touch, Apple TV and iMessage®.
Apple Arcade is one of Apple's newest services, joining Apple TV +, the first all-original video subscription service and home for today's most imaginative storytellers; Apple News +, which brings together over 300 magazines, newspapers and digital publishers within the Apple News® app; Apple Music®, the home of over XNUM million songs, thousands of playlists and daily selections from the world's best music experts; Apple Card ™, designed to help customers lead to healthier financial life; Apple Pay®, the most popular mobile contactless payment system in the world that gives customers an easy, secure and private way to pay using their Apple devices; as well as the App Store and iCloud®.
Pricing and Availability
- Apple Arcade will be available via a new tab on the App Store for $ 4.99 (US) per month and is launched with a one-month free trial in more than 150 countries and regions.
- The subscription will automatically renew at $ 4.99 per month at the end of the one-month free trial until canceled. Customers can cancel at any time.
- Apple Arcade will be available on September 19 with iOS 13, on September 30 on iPadOS and tvOS 13, and in October on macOS Catalina.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple's four software platforms - iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS - provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empowering people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple's more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and leaving the world better than we are finding it.
1 Internet connection required for some Arcade games on Apple TV.
NOTES TO EDITORS: For additional information visit Apple Newsroom (www.apple.com/newsroom), or call Apple's Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.
© 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Arcade, App Store, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, iPadOS, tvOS, macOS, Siri Remote, Apple Watch, iMessage, Apple News, Apple Music, Apple Card, Apple Pay, and iCloud are trademarks of Apple Inc. They are trademarks of their respective owners.