NEW YORK– (BUSINESS WIRE) –Today, 2K is proud to announce that NBA® 2K20, the next iteration of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation series, is now available worldwide. With the release, NBA 2K20 continues to redefine what's possible in sports gaming, featuring best-in-class graphics and gameplay, ground-breaking game modes, and unparalleled player control and customization. In addition, with its immersive open-world Neighborhood, NBA 2K20 is a platform for gamers and ballers to like together and create what's next in basketball culture.
"Each year, the team at Visual Concepts aims to push the boundaries of what's possible with basketball video games," said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. "With NBA 2K20, we're reaching new heights in our community of basketball fans and gamers. "
NBA 2K20 features many new additions and improvements, greatly expanding upon the foundations established after more than two decades of development. These includes:
- As Real as it Gets - NBA 2K20 pushes the boundaries of basketball simulation further than ever. Take complete control of your offense with the next evolution of the Pro Stick, execute seamless pick and rolls, and defend yourself with the new dribble size-up system and more.
- When the Lights are Brightest - Executive produced by LeBron James and SpringHill Entertainment, this year's MyCAREER features topical storylines that hit on current social issues. Live the life of an NBA prospect on a quest for success both on and off the court, with your path to firmly in your hands. The cinematic narrative was directed by up-and-coming visionary Sheldon Candis, and features a star-studded cast, including Idris Elba, Rosario Dawson, and NBA all-stars past and present. MyCAREER is the most visually stunning cinematic experience to date and brings the journey to life in a completely new and immersive way.
- MyPLAYER - Providing more control than ever before, the new MyPLAYER Builder can make decisions on every aspect of your MyPlayer potential, including choosing your own MyPLAYER progression system that allows you to modify your badges your full potential.
- WNBA - For the first time, all 12 WNBA teams and players are in the game and ready to run in Play Now and Season modes. Complete with gameplay animations, play styles, and visuals built exclusively for the women's game.
- United We Play - In collaboration with Steve Stoute and United Masters, this year's soundtrack features several arrays of top songs from both well-known and up-and-coming artists from across the globe. As a platform for creativity and discovery, the soundtrack will be dynamically updated with new music post-launch for the first time ever. Discover the next big thing in music with live in-game concerts and first-listen song streams.
- MyTEAM - NBA 2K20's fantasy card collector is with all-new events and prizing. Master MyTEAM with daily goals, card-leveling, limited-time events, and even more prizes. Enjoy simplified user experience that both veterans and rookies will appreciate, and stay connected to the community with Locker Codes, Leaderboards, Developer Tips, Team of the Week, and more.
- The Next Neighborhood - Experience a more vibrant, active Neighborhood. Access even more 2K Compete Events, unlock animations with the new Show-Off Stick, play round the 9-hole Disc Golf course, and earn more exclusive gear than ever before.
- Next Level Presentation - Dynamic, broadcast-quality gameplay presentation featuring the deepest roster of talent in sports video game history, led by Kevin Harlan, Ernie Johnson, and many more. It's an audio experience unlike any other, with over 60,000 new lines of dialogue, all-new studio shows and intros games, MyPLAYER interviews, records and milestone coverage, and over 2,000 arena-specific crowd reactions and sounds.
Featuring Anthony Davis on the cover, the NBA 2K20 Standard Edition and NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe Edition are available today for $ 59.99 and $ 79.99, respectively, on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC platforms. The NBA 2K20 Legend Edition features Dwyane Wade on the cover, and includes 100,000 Virtual Currency, MyTEAM cards, digital items for MyPLAYERs and more for $ 99.99.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K20 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. For more information on NBA 2K20, please visit NBA.2K.com.
2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. We develop and publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, and Private Division, as well as Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital downloads, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company's stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, 13 Hangars, Cat Daddy Games and 2K Silicon Valley. 2K's portfolio currently includes the renowned BioShock®, Borderlands ™, Mafia and XCOM® franchises; NBA® 2K, the global phenomenon and highest rated the critically acclaimed Sid Meier's Civilization® series; the popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as emerging properties NBA® 2K Playgrounds 2, Carnival Games and more. Additional information about 2 and its products may be found at 2k.com.
* According to 2008 - 2019 Metacritic.com
All trademarks and copyrights contained in their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not considered facts forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans, "" Potential, "" predicts, "" projects, "" seeks, "" should, "" will, "or words of similar meaning and include, but not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of management as well as assumptions made by information, with inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on risks and uncertainties, including dependencies on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop more hits, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, and risks associated with international operations. 10-K, the Company's most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-K, the Company's most recent Quarterly Report on Form XNUMX-Q, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. The following statements are made by these cautionary statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Alan Lewis (Corporate Press)
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.