DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "China PC Online Games" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's Offering
The PC online games market in China accounts for more than half of PC online games revenue in the world. Further, foreign games were 60% of China's revenue in 2018 so clearly the China market deserves the attention of games companies worldwide.
For PC hardware and component makers, China is a significant opportunity for computers, chips and accessories, both for home use and in the country's internet cafes. The report explains our analysis on where growth will come from, which segments are hot now and growing, and what the impact on the holistic games industry will be.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2023 by games segment
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, behavior and usage for PC online games, hardware, and accessories
- Growth drivers and trends
- Games to watch
- Game publishers and operators
- PC hardware and accessories
- Free to Play, Buy to Play and Subscription games
- PC Client Games, PC Web Games, PC Casual Games, Steam, WeGame, Epic Games Store
- Regulations and game licenses
- Analysis of our proprietary survey of Chinese gamers
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- China is the largest and most important market for online PC games, accounting for more than half of PC online games revenue worldwide.
- China domestic PC online game revenue was $ 15.21 billion in 2018. Revenue is forecast to remain impressive, reaching $ 16 billion by 2023.
- There were 312.4 million PC online gamers in 2018 and 79.7 million of them spend money in games. The number of online PC gamers is projected to reach 354 million in 2023. (More than the population of the entire United States).
- Tencent and NetEase remained the Top 2 game publishers in China, and foreign developed games included about 60% of total revenue in the market.
- China's 138,000 internet cafes are a very important part of Chinese online gaming, even more important for gamers engaged with esports.
- Esports is currently the most important long-term driver of growth for the PC online games market. Esports game revenue was $ 6.3 billion in 2018, up 11.1% YoY and accounting for 41.4% of total PC online games revenue. Esports game revenue is projected reach $ 9.5 billion in 2023, accounting for 59.4% of PC online games revenue.
- Despite a temporary licensing game freeze and the introduction of new regulations under a new regulator, the State Administration of Press and Publication (SAPP), Chinese gamers kept their consumption of PC games.
- Game licensing resumed in December 2018. A clear regulatory process outlined in April 2019, domestic and foreign games have been licensed, and the 12-month regulatory reform seems to have finished. It is a positive sign for all developers and publishers.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Size and Forecast
3. PC Online Games Market Trends
5. Games to Watch
6. PC Game Publishers and Operators
7. PC Gamer Insights
8. PC Hardware and Accessories
9. Internet Cafes
10. Regulations and Game Licenses
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9kn097
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Gaming, Video Games and Consoles