DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "China's Console & TV-Based Games Market" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Since the overturn of the console ban in 2014, a healthy legal console games market in China has begun, thanks to the legal entry of PlayStation and Xbox. Nintendo recently announced plans to distribute the console switch in China as well. The Switches plus the 9 generation consoles anticipated to launch in 2020, should lead to total hardware consoles and TV and software sales game consoles (gray and legal) of $ 1.5 billion by 2023.
China's market for game consoles is often overlooked because it is much lower than PC and mobile games. Sony, Microsoft, domestic competitors, and others are active in China and despite the barriers to entry, success is profitable.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2023
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, behavior, usage, and spending for console and TV-based games
- Growth drivers and inhibitors
- Analysis includes legal and gray market consoles and games, domestic consoles, and OTT boxes
- Sales and 5-year forecast for legal and gray market consoles including Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch
- Top legal and gray market games
- Factors that console makers need to overcome in order to succeed in this market including cost, piracy, and government regulations
- Analysis of the publisher's proprietary survey of Chinese gamers regarding gaming behavior consoles, demand, spending and more
- 54 pages with 23 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- China's consoles market is building, as PlayStation, Xbox and most recently Nintendo has strategically entered the market in the last 5 years since the 14-year console ban was lifted in 2014.
- 2018 console hardware and console + TV based game revenue were $ 767.1 million, projected to rise 11% to $ 851.1 million this year.
- Sales of Nintendo Switches plus the 9 generation PlayStation and Xbox consoles anticipated to launch in 2020, will contribute to the total hardware console and console + TV-based games revenue doubling to $ 1.5 billion in 2023. 1 / 4 hardware and 3 / 4 software revenue.
- The research expects gray market console software to remain higher than the legal game sales through 2022. Legal console software is projected to overtake gray market revenue in 2023.
- PlayStation (Sony)
- Xbox (Microsoft)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/iybjnx
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Televisions and Television Services , Video Games and Consoles