DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "Greater Southeast Asia Gamer Segmentation Study 2019" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Greater Southeast Asia Gamer Segmentation Study provides the first comprehensive look at who Chinese gamers are.
The report provides a comprehensive look at who gamers in the Greater Southeast Asia region are, and the gamer motivations driving the region's major trends, such as esports. Greater Southeast Asia in this report includes Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and China Taiwan.
Why gamers play and how to play and how to understand them as gamers - and as consumers. Understanding how gaming preferences, motivations, and demographic variables group together enables targeting those segments with more precise marketing messages and acquisition channels. Fine-tuning player targeting is the most important in the most competitive gaming landscape.
This report brings together our expertise with 17 years of analysis in the Asia games market with study partners Quantic Foundry's Gamer Motivation Model and data science methods to produce a first-of-its-kind, in-depth study into the motivations and behavior of gamers in GSEA. The proof also resulted in proof that esports is not a bubble in GSEA.
- Motivation profiles and demographics of seven GSEA gamer segments
- Motivation profiles and demographics of seven GSEA countries
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis, by segment, on gamer behavior, demand, spending, and usage across
- Gaming platforms
- Game genres
- Video streaming
- Live streaming
- Online media and shopping
- 126 slides with 101 data exhibits
Key takeaways from the analysis:
The report surfaced seven distinct gamer segments:
- Story Socializers
- Casual Challengers
- Skill Masters
- Arena Gamers
- Fantasy Arena Gamers
- Competitive Arena Gamers
Arena Gamers, Fantasy Arena Gamers, and Competitive Arena Gamers are the key segments for esports. The highest spending gamer segment, Competitive Arena Gamers are the most important segment for export, and the largest segment in the survey.
The study shows behavior and spending around gaming, esports, cybercafe, live streaming, and more, such as:
- Southeast Asian gamers prefer games that foster community, teamwork, and competition.
- 60% of GSEA gamers are strongly drawn to esports.
- 42% of GSEA gamers fall into the segment of competitive arena gamers, who love export and who spend the most all segments ($ 15.8 / month on PC games, and $ 10.1 / month on mobile games).
- The vast majority of gamers across the GSEA countries engage with esports.
- Cybercafe usage is an accurate barometer of spending on games.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Gamer segments overview
3. Explaining the gamer motivation model
4. Gamer segments
5. Country profiles
7. Gaming behavior
8. Gamer segments and esports
9. Gamer segments and cybercafes
10. Appendix and methodology
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/m61evg
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Gaming