The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition offers faster processors, 16 GB of storage, one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, kid-proof case, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee — still only $ 99.99
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited provides access to over 20,000 kid-friendly books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos, including 2,000 Spanish language titles — all hand-curated for age-appropriateness
Featuring easy-to-use parental controls that encourage learning to play, and give parents the ability to manage their child's FreeTime settings — either on their child's device or remotely via Parent Dashboard
New kid-proof houses with adjustable stands make it even easier for kids to enjoy their favorite content; now available in blue, pink, and a new purple color
SEATTLE– (BUSINESS WIRE) - (NASDAQ: AMZN) —Amazon today announced the next generation of its most affordable kids tablet: the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition. Featuring a new kid-proof case for easy, hands-free viewing, the Fire 7 Kids Edition comes in blue and pink, as well as a new purple color option, and is available for $ 99.99 starting today at: www.amazon.com/fire7kidsedition.
The Fire 7 Kids Edition is built from the ground for kids with three ideas in mind:
- Kids want a real tablet that grows with them—Fire 7 Kids Edition offers a 7 "IPS display, a faster processor, and 16 GB of storage with up to 512 GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot. Firewalls support up to two profiles (accessible with secured PIN access) and four child profiles that can be customized for each member of the family.
- Parents don't want to worry about the content their kids are viewing—Fire 7 Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which offers more than 20,000 premium books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos that have been curated for age-appropriateness. Web sites, web videos, award-winning parental controls, and over 2,000 Spanish language titles.
- Despite best intentions, kids break things—Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a kid-proof case, and a two-year worry-free guarantee — if they break it, return it and we'll replace it.
"Fire Kids Edition is the #1 best-selling kids' tablets in the US and today, the Fire 7 Kids Edition is getting even better with a faster processor and a new kid-proof case with a stand," said Kurt Beidler, Director of Kids and Family, Amazon. "Now, kids can easily propel their tablets to watch their favorite videos, dance along to the Pinkfong!" Baby Shark video, play an educational app like Solar System Explorer, or choose from over kid 1,000 Audible books to listen to. We think parents and kids alike are going to love it. "
Premium Kids Content, Now With 2x the Spanish Language Titles
With Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, kids have access to premium, age-appropriate books, Audible books, educational apps, games, and videos, including new and popular titles, such as Toy Story: Smash It!, Barbie Dreamtopia, Daniel Tiger's Storybooks, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots: Hero Adventures, Magic tree house, Team Umizoomi: Math Racer, and The Pout-Pout Fish, from brands like Disney, Mattel, PBS, Pottermore, Budge Studios, Audible, Nickelodeon, and Macmillan. The content is kid-friendly and hand-selected by the Amazon FreeTime team with new titles added regularly. And now, kids can enjoy over 2,000 Spanish language titles, like Plaza Sésamo, National Geographic Readers: Los Gatos Vs. Los Perros, Sam the Fireman, LEGO Friends, and Happy Baby: 123 Bilingual—A 2x increase in selection over last year. Parents can choose to enable Spanish only content, English only content, or a combination of both, and can customize the settings for an individual child profile.
Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. After the first year, customers can continue their subscription starting at $ 2.99 per month for Members and $ 4.99 per month for customers. The FreeTime Unlimited subscription can be used on any compatible device, including Fire tablets, Echo devices, iOS devices, and Android devices. The FreeTime Unlimited content experience will vary based on device.
Tools Parents Can Trust
Over 10 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed the award-winning Amazon FreeTime service, which provides the perfect balance between giving love to their parents -appropriate. FreeTime offers parental controls that encourage learning to play freeTime settings, including:
- Age filters—Parents can adjust settings to tailor the FreeTime experience for children and ensure their content is age-appropriate.
- Learn First—Parents can set daily goals for educational content;
- Screen time by category—Parents can restrict certain categories, such as apps and games, while leaving unlimited time for reading.
- Total screen time—Parents can choose a set amount of total screen time per day, after which FreeTime will shut down.
- Bedtime—Parents can control when FreeTime shuts down for the day and turns back on the next morning.
- Weekday and weekend settings—Parents can set time limits by weekdays and weekends.
- Add or remove content—Parents can add titles from their own content library FreeTime, or choose to remove unwanted FreeTime Unlimited content.
- Enable the web browser--Parents can choose to enable or disable the kid-friendly web browser within FreeTime.
Additionally, parents can access Parent Dashboard (parents.amazon.comto view daily activity and to determine how to manage time limits and educational goals. Remote parental controls in Parent Dashboards make it easy for parents to pause their child's devices for a set amount of time, as well as adjust their child's Free remime settings via any web browser on a mobile device or computer. Parents can access Discussion Cards in Parent Dashboard to view and sample questions to help them conversations with their kids about content they're viewing in FreeTime.
The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition is available for pre-order today for $ 99.99 at www.amazon.com/fire7kidsedition and starts shipping June 6. It is available in three color options: blue, pink, and a new purple color — and now with an adjustable stand for hands-free viewing.
As a special introductory offer, Fire 7 Kids Edition tablets are available in a multi-pack option so every member of the family can enjoy one. Buy two Fire 7 Kids Edition tablets for $ 149.99 — that's 25 percent off.
In addition to the Fire 7 Kids Edition, also introduced the all-new Fire 7, available for pre-order today starting at $ 49.99. More information can be found at www.amazon.com/fire7.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.