Capcom has released the results consolidated figures for the fiscal year ending in March 2019. It emerges a second year of record profits thanks to sales of Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, Monster Hunter and others.
Now that the results of the Q4 2019 have been made public, we learn that Capcom comes from six consecutive years of growth, with net sales at 5.8% it's a operating income at 13.1%. Resident Evil 2 e devil may cry recorded strong performances, especially outside Japan.
Next to this, the alternative sources of income of the company, deriving mainly from pachinko and pachislot, have instead suffered a decline. Something that Capcom clearly sees as a challenging challenge, although it can sleep soundly given the considerable sales results.
Looking to the future, Capcom aims to increase the business deriving from the digital content sector. And for the fiscal year ending in March 2020, the company expects net sales for 85,000 million yen and an operating income of 20,000 million yen. Here are some numbers on Capcom's performance for the fiscal year ending in March:
1. Consolidated financial results for the fiscal year at 31 March 2019:
2. Forecast for the fiscal year at 31 March 2020:
3. Business by operating sector:
- In this business, the popularity of the main title Resident Evil 2 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC) it exceeded expectations, driving the company's corporate performance. Devil May Cry 5 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC) it targeted foreign markets and also acted strongly, supported by constant demand. In addition, the series Monster Hunter has contributed significantly to improving profits: the top title Monster Hunter: World (for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One), which was a phenomenal success in the previous fiscal year, it has maintained popularity through the expansion of its user base. Meanwhile, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (for Nintendo Switch) has enjoyed solid sales through its release in markets outside Japan.
- Mega Man 11 (for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC) e Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC) have achieved good results. Other titles including Resident Evil 7 (for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC), they boosted sales due to their popularity.
- The resulting net sales were 82.982 million yen (+ 11,9% compared to the previous fiscal year) and the operating income was 23.315 million yen (+ 22,0% compared to the previous fiscal year).
- In this activity, between the intensification of interregional competition, the company has made efforts to retain and satisfy a wide range of customers including regular customers, the elderly, women and families with children, as well as incoming tourists. These efforts included the installation of gaming machines that meet different customer needs, conducting service day campaigns and holding various events. Furthermore, as a new initiative, in November 2018, the Company launched Capcom Net Catcher Cap Tore, an online crane game that can be reproduced by remote control from a smartphone or PC.
- During the reporting period, the company opened two stores and closed one, bringing the total number of stores to 37.