DUBLIN– (BUSINESS WIRE) –The "Greater Southeast Asia Mobile Games Report & Five Year Forecast" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Southeast Asia's mobile games market is booming, representing a lucrative opportunity for mobile developers and publishers. Huge numbers of avid gamers, low user acquisition costs, the prevalence of the English language, and a relatively open market for new entrants all make the region very attractive. Internet infrastructure improvements as well as disposable income, coupled with demand for export games, tournaments, streaming, and more, have set the stage for continued growth in the next 5 years.
However, each country's different culture, gamer preferences, and spending behavior means there is no one size fits all approach to the region. One particular differentiator with the West is the mobile app distribution system, which is broader than just Google Play and the Apple App Store. Further, while being more relaxed than China, several countries have regulations that impact on the region.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Macroeconomic drivers of games growth at GSEA growth in internet users, growth in disposable income across the region, and improvements in internet infrastructure, as well as widespread 4G networks soon to be updated to 5G. These are the governments of the region.
- With the growth in income we have seen a shift from low spending games to high spending games and demand for hardcore and export games that typically require higher spending than casual games.
- The mobile games market in GSEA is now comfortably larger than the PC games market and the gap will continue to widen as more mobile gamers enter the market.
- Exports is the #1 driver for growth in the region and helping to build other industries as well, even tourism. Gamers are motivated by competition and completion, according to the segmentation analysis, which supports the demand for export.
- Combined PC online and mobile games revenue is projected to grow from $ 4.4 billion in 2018 to $ 7.5 billion in 2022.
- The number of gamers in the region is 244 to 2018 million in 309.
- Total mobile game revenue is set to reach $ 2.36 billion in 2018.
- A comprehensive analysis of the GSEA region as a whole and by individual country, including:
- China Taiwan
- Market model and 5-year forecast through 2022 for mobile games revenues and mobile gamers
- Growth drivers and trends
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, demographics, behavior, operating systems and usage for mobile games
- Top games and publishers, with country detail for games lists
- User acquisition and distribution
- Mobile internet usage, devices, OS, and payments
- 130 slides, 100 + data exhibits
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Market size & forecast
3. GSEA regional data
4. GSEA mobile esports
5. GSEA gamer segmentation analysis
10. China Taiwan
- 37 Games
- 9s Play
- BabyBus Group
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
- Electronic Arts
- ELEX Wireless
- GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
- Hangzhou Jedi Technology Co., Ltd
- Kunlun Group
- Lion Studios
- Mad Head Limited
- NAVER Corp.
- Outfit7 Limited
- PeopleFun, Inc.
- Playtika LTD
- Square Enix
- Wanin International
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vx1na9
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For US / CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call + 353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Mobile Content