Famitsu, historical Japanese videogame magazine, has published a report in which they are indicated the 10 best-selling games in the 2018 and the sales data of the major consoles. Obviously the information concerns exclusively the territory of Japan.
Nintendo Switch turns out to be the best-selling console of the year, with a quantity of units that almost stands at three and a half million. It follows 4 Playstation, with over a million and a half units sold. A disastrous result instead for Xbox One, which this year would have sold only 15.000 copies in Japan, but it is notoriously known that in the country of the rising sun Microsoft has never made a big grab on gamers.
From the data on the best-selling video games, however, we notice how it is Monster Hunter World the title that has been most successful, very little followed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Smash's incredible result, considering that the title came out at the end of the year, unlike Monster Hunter World that came out in January. Third place for Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu! e Let's Go Eevee!. Below you will find the top 10 complete, which sees almost exclusively titles for Nintendo Switch. We remind you that this is an estimate of sales, so the results could be inaccurate:
- Monster Hunter World (2,859,784)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2,669,884)
- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu! / Let's Go Eevee! (1,361,622)
- Splatoon 2 (1,190,954)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (1,002,692)
- Super Mario Party (827,592)
- Kirby: Star Allies (720,919)
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (691,317)
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 (624,969)
- Super Mario Odissey (597,946)