The world's most famous youtuber, PewDiePie, he talked about himself for surely non-positive reasons and related to his role as a streamer: during a match at PlayerUnknown's Battlegroundsin fact, he would have insulted another player by attacking him on the color of the skin. The media storm has obviously unleashed in a short time e Campo Santo, developer of Firewatch, has deployed against the youtuber asking the same users of boycott the streamer.
Request not accepted: PewDiePie fans not only did not accept the proposal but started to poorly review Firewatch on Steam, with rivers of negative votes and comments that have little to do with the actual quality of the game. The general average is however high, but in the last fifty recent reviews it is possible to read hard-on-the-spot statements by the users against Campo Santo, accused of censorship and lack of freedom of expression:
- "Terrible story, too short, and social justice warrior developers. Forgettable game. "
- "At least one of the game devs appears to be a DMCA abusing SJW crybaby who is using copyright laws to illegally take down videos if the reviewer uses a word he does not like."
- "Some SJW dev. so yeah ♥♥♥♥♥ "
- "The developers seem to support censorship which I will not."
- "The fact that the creator of this game seriously went after pewdiepie is ♥♥♥♥ ing pathetic. Instead of complaining, he should ♥♥♥♥ ing fix his game. Worst storyline ever "
- "This is one of the most beautiful games. Short, but amazing. Pulls you in and keeps you intrigued from start to finish. However, negative review causes the developer is a whiny baby, filing DMCA takedowns over hurtful words. "
It's worth pointing out how to get 50 reviews, 43 of these have been written by users who do not even have one hour of play, a sign of how these have the sole purpose of insulting the software house and defending PewDiePie. We will see how the thing will evolve and whether there will be a step back from Campo Santo, in addition to the excuses (already made) by the youtuber.